You can now get hitched for as long they meet the requirements based on the Danish Act in the Formation and Dissolution of Marriage.
You must fill in and have an application approved whether you are getting married in Copenhagen, somewhere else in Denmark or abroad.
The first it is possible to use is four months prior to the date you intend to get hitched.
If you’re to have hitched in an unusual town than your town of residence, or perhaps in a church or other religious community, you need to make an application for a alleged “prшvelsesattest”. You must apply for an “жgteskabsattest” if you are to get married abroad.
The applying form may be the regardless that is same of document you apply for, or you are receiving hitched at City Hall in Copenhagen.
A big change in the Danish Marriage Law therefore the Aliens Act has brought impact on the 1 st of January 2019. You can find out more concerning this therefore the application procedure under “Application details” below.
Right right Here you are able to learn about the likelihood of an available air wedding into the City of Copenhagen.
Right right Here you can easily learn about the likelihood of reserving a registrar to perform the marriage ceremony at a right time and put you decide.
Find out more in regards to the demands
A big change in the Danish Marriage Law and Aliens Act has brought impact on the first of January 2019.
The alteration ensures that some applications for marriage will soon be processed by way of a main nationwide product run by the Danish State Administration (Statsforvaltningen).
Partners whom must deliver their applications to your main unit that is national couples where one or both parties:
- aren’t Danish or citizens that are nordic
- don’t have unlimited residence license in Denmark
- haven’t acquired a permanent residence appropriate for Denmark relating to EU-Law.
The town of Copenhagen it’s still wedding that is performing.
You need to deliver the application into the municipality in Denmark where you stand registered (bopжlskommune) if the two of you meet the after criteria:
- You will be Danish or Nordic residents
- You have got a residence that is permanent for Denmark
- You have got acquired suitable for permanent residency in Denmark in accordance with EU-Law.
You can read more relating to this on the internet site regarding the State management by simply clicking this link.
You are able to find out more under “Documentation Requirements” below.
If you should be both authorized as residents in Denmark, and now have NemID, you need to fill out and send the notice of wedding form digitally.
Significant: study ” Where to Apply” above, before sending the job.
Utilizing the application you need to deliver the documentation that is following
- Scan of the passport or nationwide ID card if you should be maybe not a Danish resident created in Denmark
- Scan of permanent residence license, or evidence of directly to permanent residency in Denmark in accordance with the EU-rules, if you’re maybe not just a Danish or citizen that is nordic
- We might ask for a certificate of marital status from your previous countries of residence if you have lived in another country than Denmark within recent years
In cases where a document is granted an additional language than English, German or Danish, or perhaps is perhaps maybe perhaps not given with A nordic nation, it should be submitted in 2 versions: the first, and a interpretation into either English, German or Danish. The interpretation should be done by a translator that is certified.
If you’re a resident in a Nordic country you need to submit the next
- Intyg om vigsel
The papers are given by Skatteverket, and needs to be no avove the age of four months whenever they are sent by you to us.
- Scan associated with image web web page of one’s legitimate passport
The prшvingsattest is granted by Folkeregisteret, and needs to be no more than four months whenever it is sent by you to us.
Iceland and Finland
- Scan associated with photo web page of one’s valid passport
The prшvelsesattest needs to be no more than four months whenever it is sent by you to us.
- Filled in notice of wedding type
- Filled in notice of wedding kind
- Scan associated with the photo web web page of the legitimate passport
Please Be Aware
- Marriage ceremonies can be performed in English, German or Danish
- We can not guarantee that you’ll get hitched at the time you initially desire, so please usually do not book travelling tickets until your date for your wedding happens to be confirmed by the Wedding Office
- Copenhagen City Hall will give you two witnesses you are welcome to create your own personal. There is no need to see us about it until instantly ahead of the marriage service
- Exact exact exact Same intercourse marriages may not be recognised far away
- You can find information here if you need to have your marriage certificate legalised
- You are able to just improve your title if you’re registered being a resident in Denmark
- If you’ve been hitched abroad it is possible to register your wedding in Denmark. You need to contact Folkeregisteret (the general public registration office) and demonstrate to them your wedding certification. You can easily read more and locate contact information for Folkeregisteret right right right here (in Danish).
The marriage Office may be contacted via email Bryllup@kff.kk.dk.
You can write a secure mail via this link if you have NemID.
Opening hours for personal attendance
To Friday from 9am to 4pm monday
Phone hours for basic questions
To Friday from 8am to 5pm monday
Telephone number (+45) 33 66 33 66
Telephone hours for complex concerns, including finding time for the wedding service
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 10am to 12noon